Watch the SPI Online Video Tutorials. These short videos will help you better understand how to access the audit tools and how they work.
Take a look at our Resource Center and search for resources by filters (left column) or keywords in the search bar (at the top of the page).
Use the Guide for Social and Environmental Performance Management (SEPM Guide). The Guide provides support and tips on scoring indicators, sources of information, evidence to provide, and field examples.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your question regards:
Account SPI Online
If your organisation already exists in SPI, you can :
- Either ask your organisation's account administrator to invite you to create an account.
- Select this organisation from the drop-down menu when creating your account: your organisation's account administrator will have to validate your request for your account to be activated.
If your organisation does not yet exist in SPI, you can create your organisation at the time of account creation. You will then be the administrator of the organisation. Once your account has been created and attached to the desired organisation, you can start creating your audits.
You can create an account or log in with your old credentials. Click on "Forgot your password?" if the application does not recognize your credentials. You will receive an e-mail (remember to check your SPAMS) asking you to reset your password.
When creating the account, select "Independent auditor". In step 3 "Organization", create an organization in "Your organization", either by:
- entering your name if you are an independent consultant
-entering the name of your company if you have a company in your name
This email invites you to take part in an audit. For this, you must have an account on SPI online. If you do not have an account, you can create an account by clicking on the link mentioned in the email.
You can create an organization:
- In the registration process : in Step 3, enter a letter and select "I can't find the organization" from the drop-down list of organizations on SPI. Click on the "+ Create a new organization" that appears. You must enter the name and the country of your organization to create it. You will receive an email to activate the account on SPI. If you create your organization, you will become its default administrator.
- When you don't find the organization while creating an audit : enter a letter and select "I can't find the organization" from the drop-down list of organizations on SPI. Click on the "+ Create a new organization" that appears. You must enter the name, the country of the organization and the email adress of the focal point to create it. The focal point will receive an email to create and activate their account on SPI. They will become its default administrator.
You have 3 options to see your results :
- You can see your temporary scores of your audit any time by clicking on “Temporary Scores” in the SPIflat file
- You can have an abstract of your results by clicking on “view results”, below the standards flow on your audit completion page
- You can also download the results and the detailed dashboard after clicking on "Finish audit" (you need to fill completely your audit.)
All the 7 tools on SPI Online (ESG Risk, ALINUS, SPI5 Entry, SPI5 Full, CP Commit, CP Full, Green Focus) rely on the same scoring system:
- The global score is the average of the dimensions' scores.
- The score by dimension is the average of the standards' scores in the dimension.
- The score by standard is the average of all the scored indicators and scored details in the standard (Yes=1; partially=0,5; No=0), without intermediary EP score*.
- If the answer is "NA/ Not applicable", the indicator/detail is not integrated in the score.
- No weighting is applied.
The only exception in the scoring system on SPI Online is the CP Certification tool (tool only used by Certification bodies): in this tool, the answers are only "Yes" or "No", and the global score is the percentage of "Yes"= % compliant indicator/details over the total number of scored indicators/details. This is how the levels of certification are defined Example: you need to be compliant with 100% of "entry" indicators and 65% of all CP indicators to reach the Bronze level of certification.
* Compared to the previous platform, the score by dimension is not the average of Essential Practices' score anymore (which was how SPI4 Alinus already worked).
This slight difference in the scoring system may explain some changes in the scores of the previous SPI4 audits that have been integrated in the new SPI Online platform.
The scoring of the EPs is still calculated (but is not taken into account in the score of the standards): the EP scores are used in the detailed dashboards to guide, for example, in the identification of priorities to be improved .
You can invite people at any time by entering their email address in the audit sharing settings. You can also invite an organization to your audit. This organization must have an account on SPI to be invited. People invited to your audit will see the audit on their home page.
Resources to support you in your audit and in improving your practices are available:
- At the bottom of your account homepage (coming soon)
- In the Resource Center
- On the results page of your online audit where resources will be offered to help you improve your main deficiencies (coming soon)
In the "create audit" section, you need to select the types of services you offer. By default, organisations already offer loans. This will highlight important indicators to your audit to check in relation to these services.
The SPIflat import may fail because of the Org Info data. You should be working with the latest available version of the SPIflat.
On the SPIflat (latest version) homepage, you will find a “format check” tab. This tab will show you the requested format for each indicator of Org Info. If the format of an answer is incorrect, the cell of this indicator will turn red. If none of cells are red, you can import your audit on the platform.
A SPIflat can be imported in any of our tools. The answers of the SPIflat will be imported in the corresponding questionnaire’s indicators. You can check our indicators mapping between the tools resource.
You can change the tool in the audit settings until the audit is complete. The number of indicators changes according to the questionnaire.
For data confidentiality reasons, only the administrator’s name will appear on the audit. To find it easily, we advise you to add your name and the year of your audit directly in the audit name.
We have a personal data management policy on the SPI Online platform, in accordance with the European GDPR directives. Each user can decide the level of permission to share their data for benchmarks, and with Atlas.
All data is confidential, Cerise+SPTF never shares it unless it receives formal permission from the data owner.
SPI5 Full is the most comprehensive tool in SPI online, allowing an institution to be assessed according to the SEPM Universal Standards. CP Full allows you to assess an institution according to the Client Protection Standards, which are a subset of the Universal Standards.
You can import a SPI5 Full SPIflat into an empty CP Full online audit. Then, complete and close the online audit. Download the results (“export” button): you will have CP dashboards.
Contact our teams
Reach the most appropriate team depending on your need:
I need technical assistance on SPI Online (problems to access my account, manage my audits, etc.) : contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I need expert guidance to complete my audit with SPI, ALINUS or ESG Risk : contact email@example.com
I want information on the Client Protection Pathway or guidance on my CP assessment : contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to build my skills on the SPI Online assessment tools : contact email@example.com